36 Things You Obviously Need In Your New Home

I saw this article on BuzzFeed and felt it was definitely worth re-blogging. Enjoy :)

1. A Fire Pit IN THE POOL

2. A Door That Turns into a Ping-Pong Table

A Door That Turns into a Ping-Pong Table

Shouldn’t every door be a secret Ping-Pong table?

3. Chilled Produce Drawers in the Kitchen

Chilled Produce Drawers in the Kitchen

4. A Wine Cellar Trap Door

A Wine Cellar Trap Door

5. A Sleepover Room

A Sleepover Room

6. A Door Handle That Automatically Turns Off Electricity and Gas When You Leave

A Door Handle That Automatically Turns Off Electricity and Gas When You Leave

13. A Stained-Glass Door

A Stained-Glass Door

14. A Library Staircase/Slide

A Library Staircase/Slide

15. A Bone-Shaped Pool for Your Dog

A Bone-Shaped Pool for Your Dog

This dog can hardly contain himself.

16. A Waterfall in the Bathtub

A Waterfall in the Bathtub

17. A Waterfall in the Hot Tub

A Waterfall in the Hot Tub

18. A “Swimpond”

A "Swimpond"

It’s a man-made swimming pool that self-cleans and doesn’t use bleach or chemicals.

19. A Two-Story Closet

20. A Bed That NEVER ENDS

A Bed That NEVER ENDS

Aptly named “The Eternity Bed” for sleepovers that last forever.

21. A Movable Balcony

A Movable Balcony

22. A Fridge-Enveloping Pantry

A Fridge-Enveloping Pantry

23. A Staircase That Wraps Around an Aquarium

A Staircase That Wraps Around an Aquarium

24. Stairs You Can Walk Under

Stairs You Can Walk Under

25. A Glass-Encased Basement Pool

A Glass-Encased Basement Pool

26. A Bar You Can Swim Up To

A Bar You Can Swim Up To

27. A Compartmentalized Bathtub

A Compartmentalized Bathtub

For couples that love to bathe together but hate the idea of cross-contamination.

28. Bathroom Lights That Resemble Stars

Bathroom Lights That Resemble Stars

29. Sparkly Bathroom Tiles That Resemble a BeachSparkly Bathroom Tiles That Resemble a Beach

30. An Overflow Bathtub with Fireplace

36. A Slide Shortcut into the Pool

A Slide Shortcut into the Pool

About these ads
Tagged , , , , , ,

121 thoughts on “36 Things You Obviously Need In Your New Home

1. tammy says:

i’m gonna need a bigger house.

2. This is awesome! Imagine all of those options in the one house :)

3. I want all of it in my home! :)

4. Preeti says:

Amazing Stuff !!

5. Coach Carol Mazur says:

These requests will be coming in to real estate agents everywhere!

6. This list is cool beans. They all make sense to me (every single one). GENIUS!!!

7. damn, and i thought i knew what i wanted in my next place. Very cool, the one thing that really caught my eye for some reason was the staircase that you can walk through. oh and the door knob to set your heat and ac off, very dope. nice post!

8. nylonliving says:

I know people withe underground spiral wine cellars, stairs you can walk under and staircase bookshelves. In central London, space is precious and these are useful ideas!

9. I just have to say WOW !!! Fantabulous!!!

10. Bebekoh says:

I know my house wouldn’t be big enough but i like the Fridge-enveloping pantry, the library staircase / slide and the built-in drying rack.. Genius!

11. […] Shouldn’t every door be a secret Ping-Pong table? […]

12. jacquie says:

What a great creative mind you have! I hope my son is just as creative in his entrepreneurship. Keep showing us your new ideas, I would love to see more!

13. Melitta Holcombe says:

Very cool ideas, love all the water features, especially the swim pond!

14. Cardigan says:

While most of these are awesome, I call BS on #34. Look closely. The lips of the stairs would prevent that “stair door” from coming down. What we’re really looking at is just another flight of stairs going up. Besides, if it weren’t that, the stairs on the other sides of the banisters would go nowhere.

15. […] 36 Things You Obviously Need In Your New Home | Chad Stark […]

16. Elaine Santangelo says:

When I am a billionaire, sure. But the divided tub does not make sense to me because if lovers want to take a bath together, they don’t really want it divided. Just sayin’

17. peter says:

I am a contractor and am available to install any of the necessities. Might be a pit pricey buy, Hey! Necessity IS necessity.

18. alfie says:

An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

19. jayden says:

Great blog post. Its useful information.

20. Emily Witt says:

Reblogged this on A Keyboard and an Open Mind and commented:
    Holy crap, I need all of these things. When I write the Next Big Thing and have millions flooding in…

21. pip says:

will never have the money but definitely helps you dream

22. […] a follow up to my last blog post, I figured I’d stick to the BuzzFeed format and re-blog another one of their posts called 22 […]

23. sarsrose says:

Wow these are fabulous!

24. john says:

To keep a house like that clean, would require an army of maids…

• Raquel Vertucio says:

With a big house like that you have be a millionaire and yes you will need a lot of maids for the upkeep. I can only dream BIG. Yet who knows? Dreams do come true.

25. Chris says:

That staircase doesn’t lift up, it’s fixed. It’s still a very nice design though.

26. Bekkie says:

Those glitter stairs are in the Swarovski shop in Paris, I have a picture of me sat on them.

• Plinerd says:

I was thinking those would really be hard to walk up/down if you’re totally drunk or delirious/dizzy from the flu or something. LOL. Very pretty, though. Makes sense to be at the Swarovsky shop. Cool

27. David Bunyau says:

I thought I need a swimming pool at my backyard but it is too expensive to maintain one. So, I’d rather go to the public pools or the beaches for a dip.

28. Rebecca E says:

My mom has the pond pool!

29. John Doyle says:

Obviously it’s mostly tongue-in-cheek. Taking the mickey out of the Affluent generation.
    Just the same a few ideas can work. My favourite is N018 the pond -pool. That makes eco sense.

30. […] wird es dabei vermutlich nicht dazu kommen, dass ich unser Haus mit einer dieser Ideen ergänze. Leider. Ich möcht doch fast […]

31. I like the stained glass door and the pantry surrounding the fridge. The rest of it is just too over the top conspicuous consumption.

32. Sheena says:

I want this house

33. blackc96 says:

Awesome stuff!!!

34. Thorn says:

Perfect for the thrill seeking overachiever that can’t swim.

35. […] article is a re-blog. These are awesome things to have in your homes! Click here for Original […]

36. love them but you need lots of cash for any of these

37. CARL says:

“””””” FANTASTIC””””

38. gail says:

Let’s not forget….”live simply, so that others can simply live” some of this stuff is way too outrageous for average people but I do like the ideas that are simple and not extravagant like the built in dishrack and the pingpong table.

39. Alberto Ramos says:

While it would make for a great entertainment home. I just wonder what the upkeep and taxes on a house like that would be. The water bill alone would be a fortune.

40. nashkay says:

Reblogged this on Kayleigh's Blog and commented:
    These are cool and such fantasy house items ;)

41. Raquel Vertucio says:

With a house that extravagant you will not have to worry about the bills. You will have plenty of money.

42. I loved everything and would love it all, but so many people I know have died lately or have Cancer, that I realise the best thing in life is your HEALTH not these material things.

• Mr Lee says:

Surely if you were” terminal”! You would wish to be surrounded by such imaginary and “beautiful things” .(regardless weather or not you could use them ?) or maybe frustration would prevent ? (catch 22).

43. Natasha Haskell says:

Great ideas some I had thought about my self , just need to put in to action x

44. We designed and supplied the lighting for the underground wine seller item No 5 and the bathroom stars No 28.

That must make Flairlight the most desireable lighting one can have!!!

45. Mr Lee says:

O 2 have plenty spending pennies .

46. Isthma says:

34 sounds awesome, but that isn’t what the picture is showing (it is a single upper staircase which splits in to 2 middle staircases and the reunites in to a single lower staircase. You can see this by looking at the edge of the steps). Don’t get me wrong, it’s be awesome if this was a lift up staircase, but I have to wonder about stability issues.

47. Bob says:

BS on the last one – that is all photo-shop. The pool slide is coming from no-where, and the angle of the slides going from land to water is all wrong. It’s a cool idea, but totally fake.

48. JUDY MARTINEZ says:

AS SOON AS I WIN THE VOTTERY, SIGN THE PAPERS

49. Sabrina Johnson says:

This is a great list is there anyway we could get the name or designers of some of the products that were shown. I know Susan Jablon did the bathroom with the glittery beach tile. Thank You!!!!! I love EVERYTHING!!!!

• Mike Eddowes says:

we are flairlight Designs Limited wwww.flairlight.co.uk and I designed and supplied the lighting for the cellar wine area No.5 and te starry Bathroom No.28.

• Josh Rachlis says:

Add Josh Rachlis to Facebook, Mike! I’d love your brilliant mind contributing to my condo in downtown Toronto. I will publicize your work to my many social media followers!

50. Joe says:

What’s with all the fucking capital letters?

51. Amy Jones says:

im pretty sure i need all of these things right now..

52. Bobbie Riplie says:

Only for the rich and famous

53. swapmolly says:

Id never leave the house

54. Love them – best one i’ve seen isn’t on here though – stairs which are actually drawers – loads of storage :D x

55. laurawagner71 says:

Sleepover room!

56. MANVI JAYARAM says:

Very nice to be imagined.

57. […] the web for inspiration for my new house, and I loved this pictorial article entitled ‘36 Things You Obviously Need in Your New Home‘.  Although the majority are beyond the realms of my reality, I do really like the bathroom […]

58. antoinette says:

Very Cool Ideas!. Too bad, the only thing that I could probably afford is the dog bone pool! LOL

59. impurepoet says:

Reblogged this on Life is never easy for those who dream and commented:
    I want it all

60. Johnny says:

Jefveux une maison, que dis-je, LAMAISON avec toute toute cela!

61. Great compilation. Thanks.

62. […] ♥ Lady Muck Hair Accessories ♥ Starting my Christmas Shopping! ♥ What Your Taste in Music Says About You as a Date is interesting ♥ Homemade Pennsylvania Farm Wedding ♥ Seeing the Princess & the Pea First Cut Video ♥ A Screaming Dog that Will Make You Laugh ♥ Twinwood Festival Looks Fun ♥ The Light in this Lewes Castle Wedding is Stunning ♥ Royal Hawaiian Hotel Wedding – J* Kills it Again! ♥ Preston’s Tips for Staying Positive & Productive ♥ Less than 100 Days til Christmas ♥ Aren’t you glad you aren’t having a Coronation Street wedding!?! ♥ Picturesque Country Wedding ♥ Indulgent Treats with Vickie ♥ New York Fashion Week Review ♥ Happy Couple’s Rave Reviews ♥ Woodland Wedding with Swinging Sofas – I’m there! ♥ Restoration Cake does Burlesque Themed Cakes ♥ Girl Meets Boy ♥ Fun & Colourful Wedding ♥ Writing a Schedule & Sticking to it! ♥ Fun Gazebo Wedding ♥ Staying up Late Chatting ♥ The Coolest Engagement Shoot Ever ♥ Much Love for Nikki ♥ Cute Wedding Ceremony Programme ♥ Salt Lake City Surprise Proposal ♥ I Need ALL of These Things in my House! ♥ […]

63. mcktextiles says:

To quote others, “Wow!” There are some very cool things here, the hammock loft and bookcase in the stairway!, but it also shows some people have just way too much money. Thanks for the exquisite diversion.

64. oh my gosh – I want all of these! Better start building now!

65. Hi there,
    You have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award.
    Congrats.

66. Sherie. says:

Wow this is the best of the best! You really have vision Russell ,

67. Louis Warfield says:

34 Is not a lifting staircase. Where the “staircase” comes in contact with the landing it is too wide to be able to pass the tread molding on the right and left. It looks more like the underside of a flight of stairs that go to the third floor. If you’ll notice on the right and left of the railings it appears that there are carpeted stairs going down.

68. […] Checkt den Link zur vollen Ansicht […]

69. […] 36 Things You Obviously Need In Your New Home And, while I’m designing my new studio / library, I might as well collect a few ideas for the rest of the house, as well. Serious considerations go to numbers 5, 14, 16, 26, and 36. […]

70. A person necessarily lend a hand to make seriously posts I might
    state. This is the first time I frequented your web page
    and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular
    publish extraordinary. Excellent job!

71. Excellent site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in
    delicious. And of course, thank you for your effort!

72. My next home will have No’s: 1, 2, 4, 11, 16, 21, 23, 24, 31, 32

Clearly, all very important and essential living necessities

73. jhv57 says:

Reblogged this on JHladikVoss57's Blog and commented:
    Yes- we all do

74. Good answers in return of this query with genuine arguments and describing everything regarding that.

75. Emily says:

Oh.my.freaking.god….I just want to be a billionaire and live in my dream home… That last one with the pool slides had me breathless!

76. Sue says:

Will this all fit on 10 acres?

77. Hi everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this site, and article is in fact fruitful in support of me, keep up posting
    these types of articles or reviews.

78. wonderful post, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this
    sector don’t understand this. You should continue your writing.
    I’m confident, you have a great readers’ base already!

79. nysx says:

[…] I. CANT. EVEN […]

80. The second to last image of the steel slide is an apartment designed by David Hotson and is in lower Manhattan in one of the oldest skyscrapers in the city built in the late 19th century: https://vimeo.com/57106369

81. Thank you, I’ve recently been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered till
    now. However, what about the conclusion? Are you certain
    concerning the source?

82. […] If you have some extra money laying around, here are a few ways you could spend it on Lifestyle. Read here […]

83. I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your web site?

84. sam says:

when ill be rich ill remember to do it :)

85. Palma says:

I see a lot of interesting posts on your blog. You have to spend a
    lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work,
    there is a tool that creates unique, SEO friendly
    articles in couple of minutes, just search in google – k2 unlimited content